Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Rimmel Lasting Finish Blush in Mauve Cool and Pink Rose

I picked up the Rimmel Lasting Finish Blush in Mauve Cool and Pink Rose as part of Target's Summer Beauty Clearance.  They were marked $3.84, but they were actually $2.74 (50% off). 
My only complaint (a common complaint with cheaper drugstore make-up) is that the packaging seems somewhat flimsy.  The clear lid reminds me of the Wet n Wild blushes.  I'm always afraid it might crack or fall off.

One thing I do like about the packaging is that it is compact, even though it includes a brush.
Mauve Cool
Mauve Cool
Pink Rose
The blushes are smooth and not powdery.  I haven't experienced any fallout when I use them.  They are very pigmented, so it doesn't take much effort to build up the color.
Mauve Cool, Pink Rose
For the price, these blushes are surprising great.  I've really be enjoying Mauve Cool.  It's a beautiful color.  I don't think I have anything quite like it in my collection.  I also like Pink Rose for a nice flush of color, but I tend to reach for Mauve Cool more frequently.

Here are a few swatches.  The first two pictures are heavy swatches.  I blended out the color a little bit more in the last picture. 
Mauve Cool, Pink Rose
Mauve Cool, Pink Rose
Mauve Cool, Pink Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment